Business Development (Bainbridge Island)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-08, 3:14PM PDT
Using a consultative approach to sales, the Business Development position will provide outstanding customer service to our vendor/partners, while driving sales through strong customer relationships and proactive account management. The Business Development position is responsible for the management of client relationships – from prospect identification and sale of media and marketing packages, through to their execution. The Business Development position will also work to assist project teams with the successful completion of media and events projects: on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate must be energetic, proactive, highly organized, is able to multi-task and possesses strong communication skills. The ability to represent SMB Nation with the highest levels of professionalism in public is paramount.
• Daily monitoring of various news alerts, press releases and/or product announcements in order to identify possible new business prospects
• New Business Development, including prospect identification, distribution of media kit(s)/marketing materials and sale of media and marketing programs in the SMBPC Magazine, online at http://www.smbnation.com and sponsorships/exhibitor space/special programs for various events
• Proactive account management of existing vendor/partners relationships, including sale of media and marketing programs in the SMBPC Magazine, online at http://www.smbnation.com and sponsorships/exhibitor space/special programs for various events
• Development of custom promotional programs for vendor/partners, including the research of each potential vendor/partners’ interests, needs, key competitors and current marketing initiatives
• Identify SMB Nation prospects/clients that are ideal for cross branding partnerships
• Work with CEO and other internal teams to integrate marketing strategies, ensuring a consistent marketing “message” is conveyed
• Ensure that SMB Nation content hosted on clients’ websites is presented according to SMB Nation Brand/Usage guidelines
• Make and document 100+ outbound phone calls per week to prospective clients
• Obtain annual/monthly sales quotas as set by management
• Utilize the NetSuite SFA and Marketing functions to their greatest potential
• Measure advertising campaign and sponsorship performance to ensure that vendor/partners’ goals are met and recommend campaign optimization tactics therein
• Provide monthly review of marketing and sales efforts to both SMB Nations’ vendor/partners and internally to SMB Nations’ Management Team(s), detailing success on goals, other accomplishments and challenges
• Drafting sales contracts, insertion orders and other sales and marketing related documents
• Write and submit RFP’s for print and online media campaigns
• Manage online advertising and magazine advertising inventory
• Manage sponsorship/exhibitor space/special programs inventory for various events
• Facilitate invoice management
• Traveling to various conferences, workshops and tradeshows, including booth duty in SMB Nation booth
• Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
• Self-motivated, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills; flexibility to manage and maintain multiple projects
• Willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines and achieve results
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in advertising sales/marketing coordination
• Solid PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe
• Previous success in a deadline driven environment
• Overnight travel required
About SMB Nation:
SMB Nation is a publishing and events company, targeted at the Microsoft Small Business Specialist (SBS) community. SMB Nation spreads the knowledge of SMB technology trends through its books, magazine, online services, conferences and world-wide seminars and workshops. As an active participant in the technology community, SMB Nation has a long history of advocacy and evangelism.
The company was founded in 1999 as Matthew\Brelsford Associates and became SMB Nation in early 2003, to promote the books and consulting services of Harry Brelsford, the author of a successful series of books written for Microsoft’s global Small Business Specialist community and IT consultants, and a popular conference speaker on Microsoft-centric SMB consulting.
Today, SMB Nation conferences, seminars and workshops bring forward-thinking IT consultants, technologies and vendors together, sparking new opportunities in the SMB space. Being THE information source for SMB technologists and Small Business Specialists worldwide, SMB Nation delivers complete business solutions to help them better manage their business, technological and marketing needs. Whether it’s delivered in print, online, or in person, everything SMB Nation produces reflects our unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur a profitable global community.
Go to http://www.smbnation.com for more information